- Sign into your hotmail account.
- Click on Options at the right side of the page and goto More Options
- Click on âAutomatically sort e-mail into foldersâ under âCustomize your mailâ heading.
- Click on the button called âNew Filterâ
- In step 1 âWhich messages are you looking for?â, enter âfacebookmail.comâ in From Address Contains field .
- Now, in step 2 âWhere do you want to put these messages?â create a new folder and name it whatever you like[Facebook would be good 🙂 ]. Finally save it and you are done. Now your inbox is free from all the cluttered mails from facebook.And you can find ’em all under the Facebook folder accessible from the left side of your hotmail page.
After a brief search for a good 8085 simulator, I ended up with GNUSim8085
Very easy to use and pretty impressive look and feel.
Okay, now for installation.
If you are using a debian distro, the author congrats you coz’ it’s available in the repo. Just fire up a terminal and sudo aptitude install gnusim8085
There you go. GNUSim8085 is installed in your machine.
Now for windows. It’s not as easy as typing a line into your terminal but not that difficult though.
Download the latest version of GTK+ for Windows Runtime Environment from http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk-win/
Let’s complete the downloads part first.
Download the program GNUSim8085 from
The download link’s on the right side of the page. The file name is gnusim8085-x.x.x-no-gtk-installer.exe
All downloads done!!!
Now, let’s carry on with the installation process.
Install the runtime-environment first.
After its sucessful installation, start installing GNUSim8085
If all goes well you will be able to use the simulator. The author provides you with some tutorial on using the sim and also some example programs.
Okay, this is called T-I-M-E-P-A-S-S(N its really good!! nice!!)
1. Put your iTunes/ipod/mp3-player/winamp/windows-media-player/whatever on shuffle.”adf”
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
4. Tag 10 friends who might enjoy doing the same as well as the person you got the note from.
IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY?
The Unknown Soldier (haha)
WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Girl (yo ta atti nai bhayo)
WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Broken Skin (this is getting real funny)
HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Sunday Bloody Sunday (and today is wednesday)
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
I Just Wanna Live (yo chai thik chha)
WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Lil’ Victa (what’s victa doing in my motto?hahaha)
WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
If I Fell (song ma ta fell in love thiyo)
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
It’s All Too Much (khoi)
WHAT IS 2+2?
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Breathing Light (hehe, light!!)
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP
Magical Mystery Tour (wow)
WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
If I Needed Someone (kasto ramro)
WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Gone (who is gone?? haha!!)
WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Cloud Number Nine (yo geet bajaune lai ta bhoot banera tarsayera marchhu)
WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Please Mister Postman (posting gardai basne hola aba)
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
I don’t want to spoil the party (la thikai chha)
WHAT’S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
Stand by Me (it would be worst if the one standing by me is a ghost)
HOW WILL YOU DIE?
Love Me Do (i guess this suggests i’ll die being loved by everyone.hehe)
WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET?
Hands (no, i love my hands!!!!!)
WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
I’ve got a feeling (oh ye, that’s right)
WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
The Woman in Me (hahaha!!!)
WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED?
1985 (i was married before i was born?)
WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
Come Away with Me (huh?)
DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
Thank you for loving me (i guess everyone likes me)
IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
Sometimes you can’t make it on your own (maybe the things that i couldn’t do it on my own)
WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
No Ceiling (but I have my ceilings all right)
WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
Untitled (what a title for a wonderful note)
With the Microsoft updating its Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) tool to introduce a few uncomfortable niggles for users of pirated versions of Windows, popularity of Linux is getting higher. Everyone is afraid of getting his/her computer screen blackened by Microsoft. A lot of people are seeking to install Linux on their system but lack proper guidance. So I thought of posting the instruction guide on installing Ubuntu.
Here are the steps for installing Ubuntu along with your Windows.
- Empty a drive by backing up a copy of all its contents to another drive.
- Open âDisk Management Consoleâ by typing âdiskmgmt.mscâ in Run dialog. (View this page for details http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309000)
- Locate the drive you just emptied. Right click on it and select âDelete Logical Driveâ¦â Select âYesâ when asked for confirmation.
- Now right-click free space on an extended partition, and then click âNew Logical Driveâ.
- Specify the size of the partition such that it is 5GB less than the size of the drive you emptied.
- After this youâll have an un-partitioned space of 5GB and an empty drive. Copy your data to the drive.
- Insert the âUbuntuâ disk. Right click on the disk and click on autoplay.
- Select âDemo and Full Installationâ. Click on Finish to reboot your machine.
- Enable boot from CD from your bios.
- Boot your machine from CD. The first thing youâd see is a language selection screen. Select the language youâd like your system to run.
- Now select âTry Ubuntu without any change to your computerâ.
- After a certain time, youâd see a desktop just like Windows. You can continue using Ubuntu. When you feel like installing it on your machine, open the âInstallâ program which is located on the desktop.
- Now an installer wizard would open guiding you through the installation of Ubuntu.
- You are once again asked to choose your language. Just click âForwardâ.
- Select your location in the map provided.
- Choose your keyboard layout. Most of us use âUS Englishâ. So the default would be perfect.
- A window would appear telling âStarting up the partiotionerâ. After it starts, select âManualâ and click âForwardâ.
- Select the free space and click on âNew Partitionâ. Create a partition of size 4000MB. In âUse asâ select âExt3 journaling file systemâ and in âMount Pointâ select â/â. Then click on OK.
- Again in the free space, create another partition as Swap.
- Click âForwardâ. The partitioner would take some time to create the partitions.
- In next page, create a username with password.
- You would be asked to import documents and settings from your windows. Select the entries as per your requirement.
- A âReady to Installâ page would appear describing the details of the Ubuntu installation. If you want to make any changes, you can go back and make the change. Otherwise, continue with the installation by clicking on âInstallâ
- The installation would start and finally you would be asked to restart your machine.
- After restart, a menu would appear where you can select your operating system.
The installation of Ubuntu is finished.
Enjoy using Linux. Have FUN!!
For detailed information about installing Ubuntu have a look at the following websites.
If you have any trouble installing or using ubuntu contact me at email@example.com
With the flood in Koshi, I had thought the load-shedding would end.
But ALAS!!, the flood took away the tower and we are here living a darker life again.
We are going to have a load-shedding of 16 hrs. a week, i.e., more than 2 hrs. daily.
I took a glance at the Nepal Electricity Authorities Website(http://nea.org.np/). It had a schedule for the load-shedding. They had posted an image file(.jpg). The one in nepali was a scan from a paper and the one in english had texts which could hardly be read.
My area is in Group 1 and on Friday(that’s today), my area was supposed to have a power cut at 1930 hrs. I had my mind set to take a light and a book and start reading. But the power doesn’t go down. I waited a while but the power is still there. So I started making a PDF file of the load-shedding schedule.
Here’s the link for download.(If you need one)
This is the second part of the article “Vista SUCKS!!!”.
Actually, this article was born due to an event following the event mentioned in the previous article.
When I tried to install Windows XP in the laptop. I encountered yet another problem. The Windows XP didn’t detect my hard-disk. I was so amazed. I had never seen such a case in my life. Then, I knew XP had a solution for this. It could load third-party drivers at the start of the installation. So I tried it. I pressed F6 and a message was displayed allowing me to install the drivers or continue with the installation without the driver. I chose to install the driver and a screen popped out. The new screen left me speechless. It said “Please insert the disk labeled Manufacturer-supplied hardware support disk into drive A: *Press Enter when ready”. Now, where on earth would I get a floppy drive for my laptop?
Then I thought“XP also SUCKS”. Actually, “Microsoft SUCKS”
I googled about it and found out that it was not just my problem. I found a solution for this problem too(there is no problem unsolved as long as Google is there)
The solution was to slipstream the drivers into the XP installation media. We had an application named “nLite” for this. It’s a really cool software. You can customize your XP installation.
I slipstreamed the driver into my XP installation CD and booted the laptop with the new installation disc. And, BRAVO!!!! It worked.
Thanks to nLite and thanks to Google.
I tried Ubuntu on this laptop and there was no problem with any hardware.
Finally, Long Live Linux.Â Â Â Long Live Ubuntu
The latest release of every thing is supposed to be better, but Microsoft has proven itself to be an exception.
It released its new Operating System “Vista” which is far worse than it’s previous version “XP”.
Vista was released about 18 months ago. As my system didn’t support Vista(it demanded a real high specification), I didn’t think of upgrading and I didn’t want to use it either. I hadn’t used Vista much until recently when I brought a laptop from one of my friends. The laptop was with me for a few days and unfortunately it had a pre-installed Vista. I was compelled to work on Vista.
The laptop was really good. It had 2 X 2.00 GHz processor,Â 2 GBÂ of RAM. It met all the requirements for Vista to work(actually, it crossed the requirements). So, I thought of giving Vista a try, may be Vista was real good in a system like this. BUT, I was horrified at my experience.
I had problems running applications. When I tried to watch a video, the video stuck as if I was streaming it over the Internet.
It has a feature called “Digital Rights Management (DRM)” which controls the applications that I use. It doesn’t allow me to use my computer as I like. Why can’t I use the applications that I want?
It sure has some better designs but what’s the use of designs if you can’t work easily. The new start menu makes it difficult(at least for me) to find programs.
Now, the thing that made me post this article.
I was going through the control panel(which is really messy). I got to the User Accounts page and then thought of changing my password. I changed the password to a word in Nepali Unicode(thank god, the Nepali language input worked on Vista). I successfully changed the password and continued working on other things. After finishing my work, I shut down the laptop and went for a walk with my friends.
When I returned home and booted the laptop. I came to the login screen. I remembered that I had changed the password so I instinctively pressed the shortcuts for switching between the input languages and typed my password. ALAS! Vista says the password isn’t correct. I tried it again and again it failed. Then, I looked for the icon which displayed the language code that I have been using, but couldn’t find any. I was so pissed off. I was so angry with Vista. It allowed me to change the password in another language but doesn’t allow me to type it in the login screen. It left me no options than to install a fresh copy of another operating system. I got my Windows XP CD and started installing it to another partition.
From that day onwards, I swore to myself that I am never going to install Vista on my computer. Windows XP was better than Windows Vista and far better than that is our very own UBUNTU.
Say no to VISTA and start using UBUNTU
With Ubuntu, you get more than that you get in Vista for absolutely FREE!!!!!!!
Photoshop is a great tool for editing your photo and I really love it.
But recently I found a replacement for it. Good-Bye to Photoshop.
You might be expecting a new software but sorry to disappoint you. The tool I’m talking about is not a software. Of course, you can call it a software as it is not a hardware. But who would call a website a software. Ya, the replacement for Photoshop is a website. It’s a web application.
Photo-editing had never been such a fun. Picnik is full of easy to use yet powerful editing tools.
It’s fast, easy, and fun.
You can import photos natively from your accounts at Picasa Web Albums, photobucket,Â flickr, webshots, facebook
And the best part about it is it’s FREE. This wouldn’t actually make a difference to us as Photoshop is also free for us. But providing such a great service for free is a big deal. Picnik is really great!!!
Now, what are you waiting for? Give Picnik a try!!
Goto http://www.picnik.com/ and start playing with your images.
P.S. Picnik requires a lot of bandwidth. If you have a slow connection, you would have to have some patience. You might get stuck in buttering the sandwiches…, laying blanket… It could take a real long time but it’s worth your waiting (à¤¦à¥à¤° à¤¸à¥ à¤à¤ à¤²à¥à¤à¤¿à¤¨ à¤¦à¥à¤°à¥à¤¸à¥à¤¤ à¤à¤).
203 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes and 22 seconds
6 months, 21 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes, 22 seconds
You might be wondering what these time periods mean.
Even I am amazed to see these numbers. Look at the number of seconds. OMG!! What a huge number it has become. Even the hours has reached 4 digits.
The above numbers indicate the age of my blog. I started my blog on Friday, November 30th, 2007 at 8:16 pm. I did post some articles after that but I couldn’t maintain my blog. The number of posts in my blog couldn’t even touch the lowest of 2 digit numbers. Shame on ME. I really wanted to own a blog of my own. Actually I still want to be a blogger but I don’t know why I can’t. I have several ideas to blog about but something’s stopping me and I am not able to figure out what’s the thing that’s stopping me.
Today, I posted this entry to apologize. Apologize to everyone for not updating my blog. I am really sorry that I couldn’t update my blog. But, I assure you that I’ll be back. I’ll try my best to gain my ability to blog. I would never give up blogging and who knows someday I might turn into a renowned blogger.